The capital of Wyoming was named after the Cheyenne Indian people which inhabited present-day..See all locations in Wyoming
In 1879, two cattlemen, Henry Lovell and Anthony Mason moved cattle into the Big Horn Basin and formed the M-L Ranch on the banks of the Bighorn River. By 1890, a small settlement had been established on the present site of Lovell. The town proudly carries the nickname "The Rose Town of Wyoming" because of the many roses in most every garden, yard and park in town.
Friends of Bighorn Lakewww.bighornlake.com