Hwaseong Fortress is the official fortress of Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do, from the latter days of the..Royal Tombs Information
Within the forty royal tombs of the Joseon Dynasty are interred 27 kings, queens, and those..Everland Information
Everland is an enormous theme park situated about an hour to the south of Seoul in Gyeonggi-do..See all locations in Gyeonggi-do
Bomunsa Temple is located at Seokmodo Island, which is the west of Ganghwado Island. It is said that the temple was constructed by Queen Seondeok during the Silla Era (635).
Entering the temple, you will see a 600-year-old Chinese juniper tree. Behind the tree is Seokgulamja, a small Buddhist temple in a natural cave. The entrance of the grotto is small, but the room inside is large. There is a huge millstone that the monks used for cooking beside Seokgulamja.
It Is designated as Cultural Monument. If you go back side of the temple, you can see the must-see attractions here; the *Ma-aeseokbuljwasang and the Nunseop (implies eyebrow in Korean) Rock. The 10m high Ma-aeseokbuljwasang is engraved on the rock that looks like an eyebrow. The view of West Sea from Bomunsa Temple is beautiful.
The West Sea and sandy beaches of Seokmodo Island in which Bomunsa Temple is situated were featured in many films. Harmonizing with the mountains and the sea, the island is especially known for its sunset and seashore.
Ma-aebul is the Buddha image engraved on cliff or rock and Jwasang implies the image in a sitting posture.
09:00 ~ 18:00
Adults - Individual 2,000 won / Group 1,600 won
Youth - Individual 1,500 won / Group 1,200 won
Children - Individual 1,200 won / Group 800 won
* Group - 31 or more people
1. Seoul (Shinchon) → Oepo-ri Bus Terminal
- first bus 5:40 / last bus 17:30 / 1 hour interval (30 min interval on holidays) / 2 hrs ride
2. Ganghwa Bus Terminal → Seokpori Dock
- From Ganghwa Bus Terminal, take city bus bound for Oepo-ri and get off at Oepo-ri Dock. It takes 10 min from Oepo-ri to Seokpo-ri Dock.
* Inquiries: Oepo-ri Dock +82-32-932-6007 (Kor)
* Schedule: 7:00-18:30 (change depending on sunrise and sunset)
* Fare (round-trip): age 13-: 1,200 won / 6-12: 600 won / -5: free
3. Seokpori Dock → Bomunsa Temple
- first bus 7:15 / last bus 18:30 / 1 hour interval (30 min interval on weekend) 0
- There is no taxi on Seokmodo Island.